Our lawyers have an extensive understanding of the complex healthcare industry.
From regulatory compliance and licensing agreements to intellectual property disputes and malpractice cases, we help pharmaceutical and healthcare companies deal with the current growth of the sector in the Middle East.
Our understanding of the requirements of doing business in the medical and pharmaceutical sector allows us to assist our clients with a wide range of matters, including:
- Regulatory compliance. - We handle all regulatory aspects of healthcare and assist our clients with: accreditation/approval requirements, regulatory due diligence, Licensing, Pharmaceutical and medical registrations, healthcare advertisement regulations, compliance with ethical standards, codes of conducts, data protection regulations, and professional regulations.
- Financing. - We help our clients secure financing and assist them with banking transactions, real estate and equipment financing; project financing; equity capital markets transactions and venture capital financing.
- Commercial contracts. - We handle the negotiation and drafting of various commercial transactions that are vital to companies who work in the medical and pharmaceutical sector. Our transactional advice includes licensing agreements; supply and distribution agreements; franchising agreements; construction contracts; service contracts; non-disclosure agreements; partnerships & joint-ventures, insurance; and clinical research agreements.
- Corporate. - Our lawyers assist healthcare companies with incorporation and licensing; ownership restrictions; corporate re/structuring and corporate governance.
- Intellectual property. - We assist our clients with trademark and patent management, approval registrations with health authorities and anti-counterfeiting measures.
- Employment. - We help our clients with the recruitment process, employment contracts, employee handbooks, policies and procedures as well as disciplinary actions.
- Dispute Resolution. - We also offer clients unmatched experience in representing pharmaceutical companies in trials and arbitral proceedings. Our work on behalf of pharmaceutical clients includes defending them against product-liability claims, improper conduct claims, compensation claims for breach of license agreements and termination of commercial agency. Our lawyers have over 40 years of experience litigating malpractice suits and teach medical responsibility in some of the most prestigious universities in Beirut and Paris. Whether defending doctors and medical institutions against personal injury claims or filing a malpractice suit on behalf of patients, our firm has all the necessary tools to navigate through the complex rules that govern medical liability.