Our deep understanding of Banking Laws and Financial Regulations sets us apart.
We assist banking and non-banking financial institutions with conventional and Islamic transactions in Lebanon and the Middle East. We also work with lenders and borrowers on all aspects of structuring, negotiating and drawing up financial transactions.
Our lawyers offer legal advice on capital market laws and regulations, financial instruments, compliance, fraud, anti-money laundering, complex deal structuring and investments.
From lender claims and loan facility litigation to interbank disputes, our Banking & Finance team works closely with our litigators to provide proficient representation in all types of banking disputes.
We are intimately familiar with the Circulars of the BDL, the new Lebanese Capital Markets Law and the Regulations of the Capital Market Authority of Lebanon.
Our lawyers have been involved in drafting important laws and regulations in the banking sector and have played a major role in establishing the rules that govern savings accounts in Lebanon by publishing one of the most studied legal analyses in the field.
OUR BANKING & FINANCE SERVICES:
- Banking Disputes. - We represent banks, financial institutions and other clients in litigation and arbitration involving all types of banking transactions.
- Banking Transactions. - We advise clients on banking transactions including credit agreements, loans, letters of credit, bank guarantees, fiduciary agreements, escrow agreements and corporate guarantees.
- Capital Markets. – We provide legal advice on Capital Market Laws and Regulations in Lebanon.
- Derivatives and other Financial Instruments. – We provide advice on the offering and acquisition of derivatives and other financial instruments.
- Establishment of Financial Institutions. – We help financial institutions with matters of incorporation and licensing.
- Feasibility Studies. – We conduct feasibility studies on derivatives and other financial instruments.
- Financing. - We handle all types of financing operations including real estate financing transactions and startup financing.
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance. – We advise local and international banks on the laws and regulations of the Central Bank of Lebanon.
- Lender and Borrower Representation. – We advise lenders and borrowers on all aspects of loans, credit agreements and other banking transactions.
- Restructuring and Insolvency. – We represent banks and financial institutions in out-of-court restructurings, workouts, contract renegotiations and formal insolvency proceedings.