This weekly update aims to inform our readers of the legal and regulatory measures adopted by the Lebanese authorities to mitigate the impact of the recent Covid-19 outbreak in Lebanon.
Here is the list of measures taken between April 6 and April 13, 2020:
1. Ministry of Interior. – Decision n˚537: On April 10, 2020, the Ministry of the Interior issued a decision that allows all vehicles with public plates to circulate on Sunday April 12 and Sunday April 19, 2020.
2. Council of Ministers.- Decision of April 9, 2020: The Council of Ministers extended the public mobilization measures to April 26, 2020.
3. Ministry of Labor. – Memorandum of April 9, 2020: The Ministry of Labor extended the suspension of all deadlines pretaining to all procedures and submissions to June 30, 2020.
4. Ministry of Labor. – Circulars of April 9, 2020: The Ministry of Labor issued three circulars that require bakeries, cleaning companies and sterilization companies to adhere to the public safety guidelines of the World Health Organization and of the Ministry of Public Health.
5. Central Bank of Lebanon. – Decision n˚13217: On April 9, 2020, the Central Bank issued a decision exempting Banks from mandatory reserve requirements and other compulsory placements against “Fresh Money” deposits on two conditions: